Monday, July 04, 2005

Random thots

I wake up this morning and smell sweet sweat dancing on my forehead.....welcome summer!....see my roomies couching in bed....finding it hard to propel themselves forward on a long weekend morning....they all hav a lazy smile...something naughty and satisfying:Its weekend and no hurrying to go to work. I feel no better...:)

I stand in front of the mirror....whom do I see? Half awake ,half asleep....I see last nights thoughts surfacing in the mirror image.....I look so much like mom....do i look better or lesser..? huh! what has US done to me. Am a lill grown, lill serious now....A lill corrupt eh? I hav quite learnt to break and bend rules....Am not able to meet my eyes for have so much wrk to do and Ive gladly spent the weekend. But still I hav the arrogant grin...

I wonder wher is me? What is me? I still wanna see that me, 40 yrs from now....no matter what the winds of change might have eroded off me....

Like everysong has an essence ,embellishments apart.....I want the song of my soul to pour into my being when I see myself....and paradoxically, I mostly know I'd need a lifetime to realise this song!

9 comments:

Fatally Flawed said...

I look so much like mom... Brilliant!!! loved this :))

Fatally Flawed said...

the entire post I meant :P

Child Woman said...

@champion
hey welcome to blogging....hope to share good thought space with u..

@shashank.....thers always been something earthy bout ur thinking...im not surprised!

kiran said...

nice post, cw...pretty heavy stuff for a lazy weekend retrospective, though:-).

"I want the song of my soul to pour into my being when I see myself....and paradoxically, I mostly know I'd need a lifetime to realise this song!" - really good visualisation. had never thought of life as a changing song until i read this.

and why, oh why, aare you blaming all your coruption on the poor old US of A? rotfl Its not as if you were pure as the driven snow before you arrived here. Or were you? rotfl

Child Woman said...

u bet i am open to ur interpretation...for the grease the snow is dirty and for the snow the grease is dirty lollz!! rotfl :)

GentleGiant said...

Giving the form of words to 'random thoughts' is the most ardous of tasks. And you have done a fine job at that, Child Woman.

There's always an underlying order to the superficial chaos in our lives. Its this apocryphal unsettling characteristic of life which makes us forget who we really are.

In the due course of time we eventually hear it. I know I will, if not now, later perhaps.

Child Woman said...

sorry no copy pasting ;)

kiran said...

hmmm...grease and snow - i sense very sinister motives behind the drawing of these parallels.grrr....

Child Woman said...

@ KK...dont think too much and miss the obvious..;P. nothin sinister u c..just plain truth..lollz