Friday, June 24, 2005

When I grow up I wanna be a child

'When I grow up I wanna be a child',my best friend used to say this to me....Ive never seen anyone who matured so fast for their age,as she did....and she thought I was quite immature for mine.....may be thats y we r the best of the pals even today :) :)......

....I wish to keep that naivity which people complain I do retain. It sometimes bothers me....but subconsciously its tantalizing....

And what grown ups r we if we havent retained our childhood within...or havent beheld the blankness of innocence...?

I remember how I admired every view in Philadelphia when I first came here....I was so happy for the advent of spring...and the first droplets of snow melting in my palm,brought the widest smile to my heart.

Today the familiarity has paved way for boredom...some ppl also say I hav matured over the past year.....well I'm part happy ,but somehwer I hav lost the innocence and heartfelt admiration that ignorance and so bliss, bring to the mind....

When I was a child I yearned to grow up and fit into my mom's clothes and now when Im growing...I so still wanna stay a child....and leave that fragrance of wonder thru my eyes..:)

13 comments:

Fatally Flawed said...

"Familiarity breeds contempt - and children" ;)

Fatally Flawed said...

"People who get nostalgic about childhood were obviously never children" says Bill Watterson - Calvin and Hobbes

I say...life is a compromise...just live it and don't regret ;)

Good post, not many dare... :))

Child Woman said...

I dont think I regret being an adult...or regret losing childhood...but just keep wondering if i can hold back childhood and manage to be an adult as well ..... :P

mitti said...

Thats nice ... I would say "Never kill the child in you", coz thats what keeps a man going on and on and on ....:)

Child Woman said...

yep very true...thats a cool solution...:).thnq for stoppin by

Keshav said...

Let the child in you guide you through this! And I felt this post demonstrates enough, the holding back the child in you and living the adult part.

GentleGiant said...

its the 'child' in each one of us which dares to explore. a 'child' dares to dream. the relentless efforts to succeed despite the odds we are up against is because of the 'child' within us. the inquisitive 'child' obviates all fears and gives us the courage to move on.

this childlike innocence is there in each one of us. some choose to hide it under the mask of 'maturity'. but some like myself and child woman don't.

its being 'childish' that one has to worry about, thats when the maturity factor comes into picture, rather than being 'childlike'.

Sleepyface said...

"...fragrance of wonder thru my eyes.."

wow.

Child Woman said...

keshav i think that u r right...holding back the child...somehow becomes a prt of growing...i guess i try doing it ;)

gentle giant ...(smiles),gentle in wrds giant in thoughts?? eh?...ur concept of childishness is pretty evolved i must say....got me thinking and happy...good to see ur comment:)

Hey Vishnu I received ur scrap...thnq for the compliment...i liked that poster in ur bog :P

Naresh said...

nostalgia is very notorious, isnt it?

Child Woman said...

why notorious? ;)

Naresh said...

itz notoriou bcos it mks u weep, it mks u long n it mks u laugh, cry n all u can do!
itz da ringmaster n v da buffoons of dis circus of life...

gawd, i suck at analogies :P

Crouching Tigress said...

Man, I love the title of this post!