Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Being in love

This is my usual ride to work on the Caltrain. It is a beautiful morning and I am thankful God gifted it to me. I am sitting by the window seat with the my laptop on. The new trains have uninterrupted power supplies to laptops. I couldn't get luckier and wouldn't trade this morning for anything in the world!

Its drizzling gently and my eyes are finding beauty in every pattern of the rain drops. I am riding on the various pleasant emotions ruled by the tunes running in my headphones.I am happy and in love with this morning, in love with myself and what life has offered me in its countless mannerisms.

There are so many tasks listed on my 'Things to do ' list. Still my mind wants to be in love with everything around and within me. Just before I start the windmills of my mind I have a thought to share.

Isn't it so important to be in love? [To all those set of people who think love means an attraction between a man and a woman, I would ask you to expand your stream of thinking (with all due respects!).]

The idea of love has been more enigmatic than I thought it to be. There is a love of a mother and a child, between siblings, between friends, between strangers or between a man and a woman. Does it have the same credibility in all cases and in its purest form?

I have felt the love of a child and a mother ,a sibling, a friend or a spouse. It has felt quite the same and different at various points of time. As much as I would like to know the difference, I'd like to believe that love feels the same when it is free of the labels it is used for.

Here's a thought to being in love and the joy and celebration attached to it! For being in love this day, with this moment, for what it has offered to you (pain or pleasure) and what you have to offer in return...

7 comments:

Prashanth(MSP) said...

Do you happen to be at peace with yourself? I had read somewhere: If a person (that make it gender neutral) finds love and peace within, they see it everywhere.

It may be one of those moments. Glad someone in the world feels this way.

But my general view is that the man-made materialistic world sucks! [:p]

where man = man + woman

Prashanth(MSP) said...

Ah! .. I got the word I was looking for :
Sachidananda = "Sat" + "Chit" + "Ananda".

where
Sat = Good
chit = thoughts
ananda = happiness

Child Woman said...

@msp

U r right about Satchitananda....I wud like to investigate the word in detail soemtime. It has more to it.

But yes I thought I was at peace yesterday with myself. Wish it lasts longer.....

Sathish Kumar said...

Wonderful...each word was carefully crafted. the meaning they form when combined was attractive to read...Hope u be in the same mode and give master pieces to us...This will help us to recollect those happy days we where in...It is always good to take good thoughts from memory bank...

Child Woman said...

hey satish thanks!

Prashanth(MSP) said...

Long time no post?

BTW, you have been tagged at
http://prashanthtrivia.blogspot.com/2008/02/tag-know-your-alphabets.html

Child Woman said...

@msp

Thanks prashanth!

Yaah....I have it in thoughts ...dint get to the blogpost yet..will make a post very soon...:)