Sunday, July 02, 2006

Finger tips and Keys!

I love playing the keyboard. It kind of makes me feel I can create magic with my finger tips. I recall spending endless hours with the keyboard perfecting the tunes before performing on stage <....May be trying to experience a dejavu> . Then I would miss the feel of keys and try to run my fingers in the air......like I proudly played music in the air.

Today I feel my finger tips tapping the keyboard all the time. But the keys belong to my laptop or my cell phone. I can probably survive without calling home for a day or two. I would simply suffocate without my laptop.

Isnt this is a silicon world? Almost everybody is on a network. Accessible and reachable somehow. With memory space/bandwidth problem being tackled in endless ways all the time, thoughts and products are going online. Spending a day behined four walls without seeing the light of the sun is not an impossibility.

Where is this heading? With software giants ruling the corporate world and live bits reflecting the way of life... Is this a trade off between smartness and elements of life? Everything at the click of a mouse, sweating behind the gym walls and sampling your emotions through a sample space of smileys!! I never imagined that I had to choose my emotions from a list of emot-icons.

But I must admit there is so much more time for compressing distances and desires.
The world is noisier and closer knit today.Paradoxically we are more individualistic and independent. If not any thing else, this evolution and adaptation will be something I want to be watching till I am a part of it...

4 comments:

GentleGiant said...

The paradox has another side to it. In our desire, in my case stubbornness, to be independent and individualistic, we distance ourselves from all that were the only thing which mattered. We reach a point where no one exists.

No network is strong enough to link us to that one missing element. And the pang can only be felt day in and day out.

Dreamer said...

Surprisingly strange enough, this latest technology has brought this entire world at the tips of your fingers. Is it really so true? Are we misled with the conception of this closeness when we are running away from each other towards loneliness? Where are those days when people used to hangout every moment they can? Now we try to meet new people located some place, which we do not know it exists? People spend more time in front of computer than with the real people searching for questions, whose answers lies in with real people surrounding you. Are we so scared to real people that we talk to computers?

YES………..NO………. both are correct answers when comes to adapting to new things. Some look at it as half empty and other as half full. I agree you can reach the other side of the world in less time, contact them in few seconds, see them via webcam/video conference in less than a minute. But, still the question remains the same… Are we afraid of real people? From whom are we running away from? Is it good for our future to get lost in the computer world?

I wish I knew the answer, I would have become GOD. :)

Fatally Flawed said...

amen!

Child Woman said...

@ gg,dreamer and shank

....yaah everything comes with a price