Saturday, December 31, 2005

Bangalore as I perceive

Slurrrpp!! amazing crisp masala dosais, easily accessible and refreshing filter coffee, evening chat centers....this is 'Namma Bangaluru'.

Fly-overs, multiplexes, multi-ethnic clothes swarming the malls and style signatures made by pretty damsels all over MG Road and Commercial streets. The slow moving traffic has increased PQ--> Patience quotient among people although their HQ--> Health quotient seems to have deteriorated a bit.

Good ol' Bangalore is changing a part for good and part bad. After two long years when I just started merging with the colors on the canavas of Bangalore life , I hear about this terrorist attack in IISc. Gosh! I had worked here just a week ago. And I was probably travelling around IISc a little before the attack happened.

The rumours of serial/parallel blasts planned ofcourse have been revealed before hand. Thanks to all people involved in this effort.

The IT industry has made so much difference in clogging brain drain. I never imagined that it would be a major cause in the cross-over phenomenon. Well,non resident Indians, the merger of bollywood-hollywood spectra, and students going abroad for higher studies have made the world such a small place overriding intercltural, cross-continental barriers.

The magnitude of changes I am seeing never cease to amaze me. I still hope to think these changes will keep surprising me as pleasantly as they have been...

6 comments:

kiran said...

close to sadism - the way you describe masala dosas :((

but how is Blore? heard from my folks that pollution is pretty high now- and the roads have just gotten worse.

write in...and btw, Happy New Year.

Dreamer said...

oh, u are from bangaluru, good to know that. hope u r having good vacation and the bomb/attack threat did spoil ur new year bash. HAPPY NEW YEAR.

I was there in Jan 2005, after almost 15 years since i left India when I was 10 yrs old. It has gone through lot of changes and is growing fastly. I hope Indian politicians will think about future and plan the infrastructure properly.

I miss the chat in the evening on road side eating with friends and spicy food, gosh, i wish to get such cooks for our restaurant here in LA. But, to gain something, you need to lose something. It is holds good for all the situation.

Have fun in India & Happy New Year Again.

Manu Gurudatha said...

henge idya?? how's Bnagalore treating you :D ??

yeah... It was a big shock that such a thing happened in a place like IISc... of the places!

and good old bangalore is no more fun, i thought, with traffic snarls everywhere... however eating masala puris on the roadside compensates for it :D

when are u coming back?

Child Woman said...

@kk

ur right kiran...u heard it right as well. but im getting to lov it more as I liv here...:(

@dreamer
u r right...u sure r missing bangalore...its the best of both wrlds :)

@manu
forget traffic...im having a ball here. ill be back on 16th in philly...hows life for u?

Dreamer said...

ha ha...East or West, B'lore is the best. Surely I miss B'lore, but to gain some you have to lose some right....

Have a nice vacation until 16th and nice trip back to Philly.

Blissful Monotony said...

Hi,
Ive sent a message to your Orkut account.

Thanks
Ashok.