Monday, August 15, 2005

Dil Chahta Hai

The winds are splitting my hair as they touch my cheeks. I'm looking outside from the Hyundai Santro I'm in,and enjoying the privilige of a pillion rider. There is Dil Chahta Hai(DCH) playing in the background.

As every song plays, it sprays across my eyes a million thoughts and memories. I am yet to think of a movie so thoroughly refreshing as DCH.The first time I watched the movie, that was about 4-5 years ago, I kept wondering what the title of the movie had to do with the story. Ofcourse I have watched the movie whenever I could,a dozen times or over. Everything about the movie : be it the dialogue,background score or even the backdrop say,is thoroughly etched along the aisles of my mind.

I know its too late to write a review for this movie...but some things get fresher and fresher as you revisit them. This movie is one such and I can surely claim it. The base of the movie spans so many aspects of life that almost anyone and everyone can relate to it.

Akash,Sameer and Sidh...well, I could choose to be any of them in real life. Akash for his keen sense of sarcasm,humour and carefree nature. Sameer for being so confused in life that he got his friends to care for him hopelessly and Sidh ofcourse, for the way he let his heart rule his mind...

Preity,Sonali and Dimple neither over/underplayed their characters, which kept the focus of the movie on the main track.

Every song was suitably introduced and the locations and sets were absolutely appropriate. Shades of blue dominated .Who can forget the awesome lyrics by Javed Akthar. I think he is at his pristine best in Tanhayee...'Ab tootey khwabon key sheeshey chubthey hain in aankhon main'......I'd die or kill for that statement

Well,I now can somewhat see why its called Dil Chahta Hai and people fondly rem'r it to be so. The movie makes you look at what your heart desires. Be it as a boy/girl ,a man/woman or father/mother...and the so-called unnamed slots on the peg board of life...the desires of the heart have been pictured as clearly as the theme of the movie could..

Sitting on a broken wall, staring into the ocean ahead , three friends share an unspoken bondage of their minds, hearts, bodies ...and probably a lifetime. May be thats what Dil Chahta Hai is all about and ....I still keep wondering and wandering

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to ride with my buddies in a Zen with DCH playing, too. How apt for a drive with friends! :)

Child Woman said...

u bet! shankar ehsaan loy hav done a great job at music

Fatally Flawed said...

true...a good movie indeed :)

Child Woman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vishal Jumani said...

Since when did u start travelling in a Santro in the US??? :p

kiran said...

nice review but i'm rotfl with the shades of meaning you read into the characters...makes sense, definitely, but considering how you always chide me for over-analysing stuff, well, it applies to you this time :-) yipppeeee.

innenu samachara? i had been to the king tut exhibit in la - pretty good . not upto my expectations but still good enough.

how's your summer? write in.

Keshav said...

Oh.. you have chosen a movie which is so so close to my heart. As I view it, it's all about life for a youngster...friends, friends, friends and friends. Masti, travelling, fun and frolic. That's life.

And I love it's music.. So youthful!

"Hum cake khane ke liye kahin bhi ja sakte hain" - I loved it, and believe in it too!
:)

Child Woman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Child Woman said...

@kk u have every right to chide me..but im never as gud as u :P

@keshav
ofcourse that was the most classic dialogue in the movie and even today ppl use it as often as possible during b'days here loll

Crouching Tigress said...

Oh I love this movie. Yeah, the BlUeS aspect appealed to me the most. In more than one way :). My fav was "Tera koi bharosa nahi hai, aaj Pooja kal koi dooja"! And loved the attitude "hum hai naye andaaz kyon ho purana"

Child Woman said...

@ archana,
surely...i think saif and aamir
carried it off real well

Dreamer said...

i love the movie and also the same Tanahayee song a lot. especially i like "door banaye hi ti manzil ko, raste main hi sham hue". that's too good for me, as most of my dreams were crushed at last minutes. i hate dreams now, lols..